Enzymes for Hard Seltzer
Diacetyl Control – Manage diacetyl by eliminating the precursors of vicinal diketones (VDK’s).
ALPHALASE® Advance 4000 – α-acetolactate decarboxylase
- Breakdown VDK precursors for short and consistent maturation periods
- Keep diacetyl levels below the flavor threshold
- Shorten or eliminate diacetyl rest
- Optimize capacity and reduce processing times
Attenuation Control – Obtain maximum RDF values time after time, with the use of starch conversion enzymes.
DIAZYME® TGA MASH – Glucoamylase
- Maximize starch conversion
- Minimize residual carbohydrates
- Provides a high degree of attenuation
- Suitable for application in mash or at fermenter
DIAZYME® X4 – Glucoamylase
- Maximize hydrolyses of starch into fermentable sugars
- Achieve RDF > 83%
- Minimizes residual carbohydrates
Liquefaction & Cereal Cooking – Supplemental enzymes break down starch and reduce mash viscosity for more consistent mashing. Add to cereal cooker for faster liquefaction.
AMYLEX® 5T – Thermostable bacterial α-amylase
- Excellent adjunct liquefaction for a faster viscosity break
- Allows for use of low water to grist ratio
- Efficient starch liquefaction for reduced processing costs
- Broad pH tolerance